Saturday, March 15, 2008

Traditional Tale Venn Diagram by Kristen Teague






I compared Goldilocks and the Three Bears and Goldilocks Returns. One was the traditional story and the other was a different version where Goldilocks was older and trying to make things right with the three bears. I made the Goldilocks and the Three Bears story in the shape of a bowl of porridge because that is what the three ate. I made the Goldilocks Returns story in the shape of a Rutabaga Breakfast Bar because thats what Goldilocks replaced the porridge with.  I had 13 differences and 5 similaralities. I wrote similar sentences on each side and had moveable papers that had the differences on it that the children could move. I plan to teach 1st grade so I thought the sentences would help them to kept the stories straight.

No comments: